Registation for first year 2019
Click on text above to open application in
Microsoft Word or print image below
Application for First Year September 2017
Our admission procedure complies with all current legislation such as the Education Act 1998, Education Welfare Act 2000 and Equal Status Act 2000.
Admissions Procedure for Students who meet the criteria for enrolment.
Application for enrolment may be made using the following method:
Attendance at Pobalscoil Iosolde on 7th October 2015 at 2:00 p.m., the annual specified enrolment date for students in 5th class in primary school.
Both a parent/guardian and the child must attend
The following procedure must be followed :
Personal attendance of a parent/guardian and student at the school.
- Provision of Personal Public Service Number (PPS No.)
- Birth Certificate (not Baptismal Certificate)
- Accurate and full completion of the application form including signature of parent/guardian and student
- Payment of a non-refundable €30.00 fee for administration. When your child commences school this fee will cover the cost of photocopying and insurance
- The Parent/Teacher Association financially supports extra curricular activities and parents are expected to pay an annual family contribution of €25 on application to enrol (refundable if the pupil is not offered a place)
- A copy of the School Code of Behaviour, Attendance Policy and Internet Safety Acceptable Use Policy signed by both parent/ guardian and the student. Sensitive Personal Data Consent Form signed by parent/guardian. (Please read, available on website palmerstowncs.ie and/or from the school office)
Any application made after the annual specified enrolment date shall be deemed as late.
Any late application regardless of school attended, area of residence or sibling attending/ attended the school will be considered after all applicants fulfilling the above criteria have been allocated places in the school and/or on the waiting list.
Parents/Guardians may be required to complete a further information form regarding their child’s educational progress at a later date and/or co-operate with the schools attempts to identify the educational or other relevant needs of the child. Copies of all psychological/psychiatric reports pertaining to the child will be required. The school may wish to meet with the applicant and his/her parent(s)/guardian(s) to discuss the needs of the applicant or the parent(s)/guardian(s) may request a meeting. In either case the school will make all reasonable effort to accommodate such a meeting prior to making a decision on an application.